Beauty Feature: JaimenLee x Olay
i’m so excited to share that i’ve partnered with Olay for pre-Oscars beauty coverage and my first post is live over on olay.tumblr.com. check it out! xoxo
Skincare Layering Basics
Creating the perfect canvas for red carpet looks starts with great skincare.We’re going to show you is how to layer Olay’s powerful Regenerist skincare line for everyday use to fight dullness, wrinkles and discoloration.
Food Fridays: Low Carb Pecan and Almond Chocolate Bark
fact: chocolate bark is so good.
fact: there are only one or two low-carb versions available and they are sweetened with gross things like malitol or splenda.
so I set out to recreate a wholesome version that is super rich and nut-packed, easy to make and appropriate for low carb, paleo and keto lifestyles. each piece (the batch nets 16 pieces) nets out at 91 calories, 2.5 net carbs, nine grams of fat and 2.6 grams of protein. this equates to the following macros: 17% carb, 73% fat and 10% protein. here’s what you’ll need to make at home:
you will need:
a box (8 oz or 224 grams) of unsweetened bakers chocolate (cocoa should be the only ingredient listed)
two tablespoons of stevia (powdered)
two tablespoons of erythritol (powdered)
two tabelspoons of vanilla (or liquid vanilla stevia for an even sweeter chocolate)
½ cup mixed nuts (i used salted pecans and roasted almonds)
Two tablespoons of unsweetened coconut milk.
1 in a double boiler, melt chocolate (always use a very low temperature, for example, level 2 - 3 so as not to burn the chocolate)
2. once melted, slowly stir in the stevia and erythritol and combine well.
3. at the last minute add the cold coconut milk. this will make the liquid chocolate turn i a bit more into putty.
4. remove from heat and pour onto a parchment paper-covered cookie tray. Spread out a bit with a spoon.
5. add nuts and use the back end of the spoon to press them in.
6. sprinkle with sea salt and/or more erythritol if desired and let cool in fridge for 20 minutes. enjoy!
Wearing: Back to Black
«outfit details: turtleneck/tights: American Apparel. sweater: H&M. skirt: Forever 21. blazers: Nike. 'winston' sunglasses: c/o Warby Parker. baubles: Topshop, Forever 21, vintage.»
so simple. such a busy day! thank goodness tomorrow is friday! xoxo.