Clean + Green: Baking Low Carb Cinnamon-Glazed Spiced Pumpkin Cookies
as i mentioned in my spicy curry pumpkin seed recipe, i went to a pumpkin patch and have been inspired since to make low carb, clean treats inspired by the vegetable. i’m such a fan of cookies in general, so i set out to make something that was so low in carbs and based in whole good-for-you-foods so much so that no guilt was associated with eating say five….or 12. this recipe is easy and perfect for fall.
each cookie (recipe makes 48) is 37 calories, .5 net carb, .5 fiber, 3.1 grams of fat and 1.4 grams of protein. here’s how to make them:
you will need:
three egg whites
four teaspoons of cinnamon (two for cookies, two for glaze)
one teaspoon ginger
two cups almond flour
one teaspoon baking powder
one and a half teaspoons butter
one and one quarter cup erythritol (one cup for cookies, 1/4 for glaze)
one cup pumpkin (fresh, roasted and mashed)
two tablespoons heavy cream (whipping cream or heavy cream, doesn’t matter)
1. preheat over to 350 and line three baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. mix eggs, half cinnamon, ginger, almond flour, baking powder, butter, one cup erythritol and pumpkin together well.
3. divide batter into three and create small dollops with a spoon, evenly spaced, ending up with about 48 cookies.
4. bake cookies for 15 - 16 minutes until they’re brown. let cool completely (at least 10 min).
5. in the meantime, create the glaze by whisking the heavy cream, two teaspoons of cinnamon and 1/4 cup erythritol well. no need to go crazy whisking, it will thicken up on its own.
6. after cookies have cooled, use the whisk to drizzle the glaze. let glaze set at least 10 minutes. enjoy!