«outfit details: dress: H&M. tights: American Apparel. shoes: Zara. earrings: Forever 21. bracelet: REZN.»
<h2>nothing more comfortable on a monday that a big potato sack dress. i found this at H&M this weekend and took major advantage of their buy one get one free sweater sale. it’s seriously so simple and comfortable — the perfect thing to wear on a monday or friday when, lets be honest, comfort and warmth are more critical than heels and high fashion. xoxo.
Wearing: Clueless (Catholic School Edition)
«outfit details: button-down: J. Crew. crop sweater: vintage, via Beacon’s Closet. skirt: Forever 21. tights: American Apparel. loafers: Zara. bracelet: REZN.»
combining two looks i’m really into right now. so happy its almost the weekend. the L train is down, which is our main mode of transportation, so we have a forced staycation. kind of a welcome occurrence and excuse for lots of relaxation and lounging. see you monday! xoxo.
Food Fridays: Low Carb Toasted Coconut Bites
these are perfect, bite-sized cookies with a base of flour and shredded flake forms of coconut cooked inside and toasted coconut on the outside. a hint of lemon keeps them from tasting too tropical. each nets at 23 calories, .2 net carb (.8 carb and .6 fiber), 2 grams of fat and about half a gram of protein. the below recipe makes about 17 cookies:
what you need:
two egg whites
three tablespoons of shredded unsweetened coconut (plus more for the tops)
two tablespoons butter or ghee
1/4 cup erythritol
two tablespoons of raw coconut flour
10 drops of liquid lemon stevia
1. preheat over to 350 and prep a baking sheet with parchment paper
2. combine all ingredients and mix well.
3. divide into 17 or so small balls and roll in some extra coconut flakes
4. place balls evenly on the baking sheet.
5. place another piece of parchment paper on top of the cookie balls and use the bottom of a baking soda canister (or something similarly-sized) to flatten each cookie evenly for baking.
6. bake for 25 minutes or until edges and coconut becomes golden. allow to cool. enjoy.